When selling a property it is a perfect opportunity to declutter your home and to do all the odd little jobs that you’ve haven’t had time to do. These may only be small jobs but really can make all the difference to your property and getting an offer from the potential buyers.
Here’s our guide to making your home presentable:
- De-clutter your home, it will look much more spacious and buyers can easily visualise themselves living there.
- If possible, paint throughout in neutral colours as not everybody’s taste is the same when it comes to choosing colours.
- Make sure the property is clean and presentable.
- Clean the windows to make the house look light and airy.
- Ensure curtains are hanging nicely.
- Open windows to let fresh air in.
- Keep kitchen surfaces clear and tidy and make sure the washing-up is put away.
- Clean the bathroom and repair any damaged grouting etc
- Tidy the garden.
- Take pets round to the neighbours as not everyone is keen on animals.
- Ensure all the lights are working and any bulbs are replaced.
- Do not park in any parking spaces as the buyers will want to park their cars in it.
- Fresh flower are always a welcome touch.
- Always be prepared for unexpected viewings but we will always try and give you 24 hours notice.
We have your best interests at heart and after each and every viewing we will keep you informed of how the viewing went and give you feedback from the potential buyers.